How does a nurse know where to go?? A question that all nurses have to (eventually) answer. In fact, some may have to answer this question more than once! From the moment you leaned into this career, we’ve heard recommendations from every aspect of our profession. Where do you start?
Here are some things I think about when choosing a specialty area of focus:
- What do you not want to do?
- Based on personal opinion about yourself
- Based on personal experience
- Do NOT base this on other opinions
- Is there an ah-hah moment?
- You really may just have to gamble
- Create a Pros and Cons list
Whatever your decision, give it 18 months minimum. Get through the honeymoon period of your new job.
[amazon_link asins=’0803642237,1496306937,1506202217,0692430644,B0746PVGVR’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’seanpdent-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2e8c0766-4f10-11e8-9b2a-5182fe0e8acf’]